Monday 1 February 2016

January Sketchmeet of USK Singapore

This past weekend I  joined the Urban Sketchers Singapore's January sketchmeet which was held in Chinatown. What an enthusiastic group and a fabulous turnout again! So nice to meet up with friends I had made when I last spent an extended period in Singapore in 2013/14. 

Having come not so long ago from a Canadian winter, it felt hot and tiring sketching outdoors. The steps I was sitting on was hard on the bum but what a buzz in Chinatown just a week before Chinese New Year and the skilled sketchers around me were an inspiration.

I seem to sketch faster (and better ?) at sketchmeets. Here was my sketch for the day (completed at the sketchmeet).



I spent a lot of time chatting with friends and tried to watch the guest demo by watercolorist Ng Woon Lam. Unfortunately the crowd around him was too big to get a good view but I caught some of his free watery style. Wish I could paint like that!

Here is a video of the sketchmeet by Teoh Yi Chie (USKSG’s resident cameraman):


#FaberCastellPittpens, watercolour, #HandbookJournal (watercolour) 5.25”x8.25”.


No comments:

Post a Comment