Saturday 7 October 2017

Sketching Dunedin Architecture

I really liked Dunedin...except I’m told it’s dark and cold all year round. The distinctive 19th and early 20th century architecture has been preserved giving the town a special charm. Old buildings have been re-purposed for new uses. Built in stone or brick, these buildings were built to last by the early Scottish founders. 

Here's a sketch at the University of Otago. The brickwork pattern was dizzying to draw until I got to understand it. 





Here's the former police station, viewed through the window of the very interesting Toitu Otago Settlers Museum cafe. The vegetable muffin I had for lunch wasn't bad either.


I wish I'd had more time and the weather better. Here's a building on the University of Otago campus. 


The former railway station now houses art galleries. 


Marker pens, watercolour, #MoleskineWatercolourAlbum, 5x8”.

No comments:

Post a Comment